WHILE YOU WERE GONE......
We celebrated St. Patrick's day, there was a run of man o'wars on the beaches at Surfside, we had a front come in and take away what we thought was the beginning of our warm weather trend, and Sunday was the official first day of spring. From here on, the hours of daylight will increase and dark hours will decrease until summer.
NOW LET'S GET BUSY - we only have 9 weeks left........
Visit stations today and tomorrow to review photosynthesis. As you complete each station, you must check in with your teacher to make sure your work is complete. Each station should take 20 minutes - we will guide you to let you know when time is almost up and when it's time to move to the next station.
STATION ONE / I-PAD ACTIVITY or BLACK NETBOOKS:
* At this station, you will complete ALL the screens on the website titled PHOTOSYNTHESIS: SCIENCE LESSON
* This is to be done either at the side computer bar or the back counter and with a partner.
* You will write your results on page 34?? of your journal following the "cheat sheet" at each computer.
STATION TWO / SMART BOARD ACTIVITY:
* Watch the brainpop on PHOTOSYNTHESIS.
* Once that is complete, play the game titled CLOSE KNIT NEIGHBORS
* You and the group you are with will complete the photosynthesis quiz (select one person for 'pen control'). Talk together before the pen-control team member clicks the selected answer. Once all answers are submitted, make sure you call your teacher to record your group's score. STATION THREE / ART STATION:
* At this station, use the model layout to create a photosynthesis cartoon comic strip. Each person should take one piece of paper and complete their own cartoon.
* You must include the labels you see, using all labels but each only one tim
* You must draw the cartoon to show the sequence of your labels. These must be correct based on the steps of photosynthesis. * THIS IS THE ONLY PART OF TODAY'S ACTIVITY THAT COULD GO HOME WITH YOU ON TUESDAY SHOULD YOU NOT BE FINISHED IN CLASS.